Here we go.

10 October 2008

Eclipse Glasses is not performing this weekend due to a family emergency, so we're not going to Fayetteville this weekend.  We decided to not make the trip in order to save a little gas & money.  

So, me & ATM went to the rally for Sen. Obama this evening down @ the State Capitol.  We needed to be around some like-minded folks what with all of the detestable & terrifying GOP rally coverage we've been watching on the television.  Mary Steenburgen & Ted Danson (Becker!) spoke.  Sens. Tracy Steele, Marion Barry & Blanche Lincoln spoke.  AR Dem Party Chairman David Pryor spoke.  Gov. Mike Beebe spoke.  Sen. Hillary Clinton, guest of honor, spoke.  I guess I wanted/expected fireworks.  To me, the rally was really uninspiring.  We left before Hillary was even done!  I didn't want the gang to be rude & crude, but I did want the McCain-Palin campaign to be called out for all of their fear-mongering & their lies.  I wanted to hear from the people I helped get elected to remind us that racism is alive & well and that it is unacceptable and has no place in politics & beyond.  They did not.  It's time like this when I take a look at both parties and realize that even though I have Democratic tendencies, they sometimes lack the bravado that I desire.  And the Republicans, well, pardon my French, but are you fuxxing kidding me?  They will never ever have my interests at heart.  Ever.  

The good news is that there were A LOT of people at this rally!  And I got great vibes from the crowd, more than the speakers.  Everyone was all smiles, enjoying the weather & totally stoked that we're about to elect Barack Obama as President, ya'll!  
A truism:


Tomorrow is Race for the Cure.  I'm all for it, but I do have to tolerate being shut in my neighborhood with no hope of escape for a few hours because the race route actually encircles the few blocks that I live in.  I also have to tolerate lots of trash in the neighborhood.  Why don't planners ever factor in clean-up, post-race?  Anyway, I'm gonna go to the grocery store sometime tonight to get a few things to make eggs benedict for brunch.  Might as well enjoy captivity with a really nice meal.  I've never made eggs benedict and a part of me says I should leave it to the pros, but I'm up for the challenge.  

Ugh, the woodlock I've been using for my sore knee is giving me a headache AND I smell like Ba Noi (my grandmother).  A message to my body:  Get well sooner!

1 comment:

kmhd said...

Anyone else think of Huggy Bear? "Face it, you're old and out of touch. OUT OF TOUCH!"

Blog Archive